Quotes about success are everywhere. And I mean, EVERYWHERE. Sometimes, when you hear the same old quotes, repeated and shared everywhere, they begin to lose their power and impact. That’s why I dug really deep to find some ridiculously incredible quotes that hopefully, you have never heard before.
These quotes about success, and all that it entails, are a product of a book entitled, The Prosperity Bible: the greatest writings of all time on the secrets to wealth and prosperity. This book is a compilation of 19 books that are considered the greatest books ever written on the subject of success. This book is littered with historical figures of success, from Napoleon Hill to Benjamin Franklin. James Allen to Wallace D. Wattles. Earnest Holmes to Florence Scovel Shinn. And many, many more.
You might recognize some of the authors, but unless you are insanely obsessed with reading success material and tirelessly studying everything it entails, like myself, these authors might not be household names for you. My goal is to expose you to some hidden gems.
My obsession with finding the greatest thoughts ever scribed, the greatest quotes about success ever written, began about 10 years ago. I have read everything I could get my hands on regarding success, wealth and prosperity. My greatest undertaking took me about 2-1/2 years to finish – it was the entire collection of incredible writing (with highlighter in hand) contained within The Prosperity Bible. I finished reading the book itself, but my study of it and its applications, will never end.
Thankfully, I came across some life-changing writing, which I think will provide intense value to you, helping provide you with some really deep, thought-provoking quotes about success.
The Prosperity Bible focuses on success and so many of its tributaries. The incredible topics that are frequently addressed, unanimously, in every piece of writing, include: the law of success, the power of the subconscious mind, positive thinking, the creation of wealth and abundance, the law of attraction and so many other great principles that can elevate you from a life of mediocrity to one that you are entitled to; one of success, abundance, wealth and unfathomable prosperity.
I give The Prosperity Bible my highest recommendation. I recommend reading it from cover to cover, even if it takes you several years. It will expand your mind into new territories and really unlock a state of consciousness that is tough to describe. I discovered so many great similarities between all of the authors and myself, and, great similarities between everybody who has achieved success, in some endeavor of their choosing. You would find a lot of value discovering and observing this yourself, but, if your time is limited, use this blog as a reference guide to recognizing the great secrets of success.
Remember, success comes in a lot of different shapes and forms, as each author recognized. But, one thing that is always important to note, is that everybody who has achieved something incredible, first began with a belief in their own innate power. That’s really the foundation of the principles outlined in The Prosperity Bible.
Please sit back and allow the amazing and historic writers to take you on a journey. Allow their thoughts to expand the possibilities you see for yourself. Allow them to open doors for you. Allow them to give you permission to dream big, develop an unwavering faith in your inner powers and begin taking massive action on the things you want out of life. Allow these quotes to take you to a remarkable new state of consciousness where nothing seems impossible and everything is in your reach.
Quotes About Success from The Science of Getting Rich by Wallace D. Wattles
The first collection of quotes about success come from a book called, The Science of Getting Rich, which was the inspiration behind the celebrated book and movie, The Secret. This book teaches the principles of thinking creatively, rather than competitively, being a crucial key to truly becoming wealthy. This book focuses on putting yourself on the proper path to obtaining wealth in an ethical way, utilizing the power of positive thinking to obtain your deepest desires.
Wattles believes that a crucial component to success is doing what you want to do. His philosophy is centered on the fact that if you focus on your heart’s desires with an unwavering faith, you will ultimately connect with the universal principles of success, where your deeply-rooted desires begin.
Wattles believes you can attain real fulfillment and inner-peace by exclusively focusing your energy doing what you love. Wattles shows you the process associated with controlling your thoughts so that you can achieve the level of success you were destined for.
- “The whole matter turns on receiving, once you have clearly formed your vision. When you have formed it, it is well to make an oral statement, addressing the Supreme in reverent prayer; and from that moment you must, in mind, receive what you ask for. Live in the new house; wear the fine clothes, ride in the automobile; go on the journey, and confidently plan for greater journeys. Think and speak of all the things you have asked for in terms of actual present ownership. Imagine an environment, and a financial condition exactly as you want them, and live all the time in that imaginary environment and financial condition. Mind, however, that you do not do this as a mere dreamer and castle builder; hold to the FAITH that the imaginary is being realized, and to the PURPOSE to realize it. Remember that it is faith and purpose in the use of the imagination which makes the difference between the scientist and the dreamer. And having learned this fact, it is here you must learn the proper use of the Will.”
- “Do not talk about poverty; do not investigate it, or concern yourself with it. Never mind what its causes are; you have nothing to do with them.”
- “Never admit the possibility of failure, or speak in a way that infers failure as a possibility.”
- “If it is a new thought to you that gratitude brings your whole mind into closer harmony with the creative energies of the universe, consider it well, and you will see that it is true. The good things you already have have come to you along the line of obedience to certain laws. Gratitude will lead your mind out along the ways by which things come; and it will keep you in close harmony with creative thought and prevent you from falling into competitive thought.”
Quotes About Success from In Tune with the Infinite by Ralph Waldo Trine
In Tune with the Infinite is frequently cited as the primary inspiration for one of the greatest books on success ever published, also included within the pages of The Prosperity Bible, a book called Think and Grow Rich. In fact, Henry Ford is said to have given away hundreds of copies of In Tune with the Infinite, because the messages of prosperity, overcoming inner struggles, and living a happy and healthy life resonated so strongly with him. He attributed a lot of his success in the automobile business to Ralph Waldo Trine’s book and several conversations the two of them had on life and success.
Trine strongly believed that by connecting and harmonizing your energy with the Universe, you could attract love, health, peace and success. His writings were instrumental to the “New Thought Movement” that really began to pick up momentum in the late 1800’s, changing so many lives along the way.
- “In the degree that we recognize our own interior powers, then are we rulers and able to dictate; in the degree that we fail to recognize them, we are slaves, and are dictated to. We build whatever we find within us; we attract whatever comes to us, and all in accordance with spiritual law, for all natural law is spiritual law.”
- “No good thing shall be withheld from him who lives in harmony with the higher laws and forces. There are no desires that shall not be satisfied to the one who knows and who wisely uses the powers with which he or she is endowed.”
- “Thoughts of strength both build strength from within and attract it from without. Thoughts of weakness actualize weakness from within and attract it from without. Courage begets strength, fear begets weakness. And so courage begets success, fear begets failure. It is the man or the woman of faith, and hence courage, who is the master of circumstances, and who makes his or her power felt in the world. It is the man or the woman who lacks faith and who as a consequence is weakened and crippled by fears and forebodings, who is the creature of all passing occurrences.”
Quotes About Success from The Master Key System by Charles F. Haanel
The Master Key System is a revolutionary production by Charles F. Haanel that was also a huge inspiration behind Think and Grow Rich and The Secret. It was originally produced as a 24-week correspondence course and because of its popularity, was published in book form just a few short years later. This book is focused on very important principles of success, such as: the law of attraction, creative visualization, the importance of truth, harmonious thinking with higher powers and ability to concentrate on a definite purpose to create desired results in your life.
Each chapter includes exercises, focusing on the implementation of the incredible content within.
- “The student who learns that power comes from within, that he is weak only because he has depended on help from outside, and who unhesitatingly throws himself on his own thought, instantly rights himself, stands erect, assumes a dominant attitude, and works miracles.”
- “This is true because we must “be” before we can “do,” and we can “do” only to the extent which we “are,” and what we “are” depends upon what we “think.”
- “Large ideas have a tendency to eliminate all smaller ideas so that it is well to hold ideas large enough to counteract and destroy all small or undesirable tendencies. This will remove innumerable petty and annoying obstacles from your path. You also become conscious of a larger world of thought, thereby increasing your mental capacity as well as placing yourself in a position to accomplish something of value.”
- “The Law of Attraction will certainly and unerringly bring to you the conditions, environment, and experiences in life, corresponding with your habitual, characteristic, predominant mental attitude. Not what you think once in a while when you are in church, or have just read a good book, BUT your predominant mental attitude is what counts.”
- “Abundance is a natural law of the Universe. The evidence of this law is conclusive; we see it on every hand. Everywhere, nature is lavish, wasteful, extravagant. Nowhere is economy observed in any creative thing. Profusion is manifested in everything. The millions and millions of trees and flowers and plants and animals and the vast scheme of reproduction where the process of creating and re-creating is forever going on, all indicate the lavishness with which nature has made provision for man. That there is an abundance for everyone is evident, but that many fail to participate in this abundance is also evident; they have not yet come into a realization of the Universality of all substance, and that mind is the active principle whereby we are related to the things we desire.”
Quotes About Success from As a Man Thinketh by James Allen
As a Man Thinketh is a classic literary essay and book published in 1903, by James Allen. Allen designed the book to be practical, affordable and convenient for the sake of implementation.
As Allen so eloquently says, “Each man holds the key to every condition, good or bad, that enters into his life, and that, by working patiently and intelligently upon his thoughts, he may remake his life, and transform his circumstances.”
- “To put away aimlessness and weakness, and to begin to think with purpose, is to enter the ranks of those strong ones who only recognize failures as one of the pathways to attainment; who make all conditions serve them, and who think strongly, attempt fearlessly, and accomplish masterfully.”
- “Cherish your visions; cherish your ideals; cherish the music that stirs in your heart, the beauty that forms in your mind, the loveliness that drapes your purest thoughts, for out of them will grow all delightful conditions, all heavenly environment; of these, if you but remain true to them, your world will at last be built.”
- “Your circumstances may be uncongenial, but they shall not long remain so if you but perceive an Ideal and strive to reach it. You cannot travel within and stand still without. Here is a youth hard pressed by poverty and labor; confined hours in an unhealthy workshop; unschooled, and lacking all the arts of refinement. But he dreams of better things: he thinks of intelligence, of refinement, of grace and beauty. He conceives of, mentally builds up, an ideal condition of life; the vision of a wider liberty and a larger scope takes possession of him; unrest urges him to action, and he utilizes all his spare time and means, small though they are, to the development of his latent powers and resources. Very soon so altered has his mind become that the workshop can no longer hold him. It has become so out of harmony with his mentality that it falls out of his life as a garment is cast aside, and, with the growth of opportunities which fit the scope of his expanding powers, he passes out of it forever. Years later we see this youth as a full-grown man. We find him a master of certain forces of the mind which he wields with world-wide influence and almost unequaled power. In his hands he holds the cords of gigantic responsibilities; he speaks, and lo! lives are changed; men and women hand upon his words and remold their characters, and, sunlike, he becomes the fixed and luminous center around which innumerable destinies revolve. He has realized the Vision of his youth. He has become one with his Ideal.”
Quotes About Success from How to Grow Success by Elizabeth Towne
How to Grow Success brings a unique female perspective to the world, centered on the process of cultivating success and wealth, just as a farmer would cultivate crops – by planting seeds, taking good care of them, watching them grow and then enjoying the finished product.
There are so many great teachings in this book, including: the importance of not giving up, applying laser-like concentration to details of your work, discovering the power of self-acceptance, how by slowing down you can accomplish more and what to do when you feel discouraged.
- “One thing at a time and that well done, is the road to all accomplishment. And each thing well done increases your capacity. One thing properly “demonstrated” over makes way for better and quicker “demonstration” over the next thing.”
- “A smile not only attracts all the good things in the universe, but it is the most powerful of auto-suggestions for what you desire. A smile not only shines outward from your face, warming up and attracting friends and money, but it also shines inward, reaching at last the solar center, the sun of you. The smile born on the surface of you will vibrate inward; the solar sun will catch its rhythm and smile back. And the smile of the solar sun is to you what the smile of Old Sol is to the earth – life and JOY. The shine of your solar center is what grows SUCCESS.”
- “Every blessed accomplishment any human being evidences came in the same way – by desiring a definite thing and then putting forth intelligent, persistent effort in that direction. If you find a man to whom things “come easy” you may rest assured that in some prior state of existence he has staked his claim and put forth all the intelligent, repeated efforts necessary to work it. He has served his apprenticeship and mastered his art in some previous incarnation. In this incarnation he does it easily and the world wonders. This is just as true of a Carnegie or a Rockefeller or Elbert Hubbard as it is of a musical or an art genius. There is no royal road to anything.”
- “A man’s aim in life is the reflection of his opinion of himself.”
Limiting this post to only 19 incredible quotes about success was challenging, to say the least. But, hopefully this collection has inspired you in some way. Hopefully it has inspired you to challenge your own thoughts about success. More importantly, I hope it has inspired you to take action, which is another great secret uncovered in The Prosperity Bible.
(side note: I created a free guide to supplement this post, which you can access here, along with all of the other free resources contained in the Relentless Forward Momentum free resource library. It’s called The Ultimate Daily Guide for Thoughts of Abundance & Prosperity, and I’m pretty sure you’re going to love it!)
If you take nothing from this blog other than a simple recognition of this fact, I will consider it a massive success:
The power you possess internally is virtually unlimited and has the ability to bring you any condition or result that you so desire, if you only choose to recognize it and apply it persistently.
Related Blog: Stop Competing, Start Creating